5 CALLS APP: QUICK, EASY CALLS TO SENATORS & OTHERS
The 5 Calls app lets you make five calls in five minutes via your Skype or regular phone plan; it's a free download. Your representatives' names and office phone numbers will appear on the screen. Just click to call and demand that your elected officials act responsibly on the issues that matter to you! Calls are tallied by staffers so representatives know how strongly their constituents feel about specific issues.
Here's how it works:
1. Download the 5 Calls app for a mobile device or computer.
2. Enter your voting zip code.
3. The first screen lists key issues, such as “Demand Investigation of Flynn’s Russian Ties” and “Defend the Affordable Care Act.” Pick one. We’re hot on ObamaCare, but of course, you can select whatever you feel most strongly about.
4. You’ll see a list of your representatives, a quick summary of the issue, and a 20-second script so you know what to say. Right now, every lawmaker in the country is keeping a tally of what their voters want.
5. Click on a representative; his or her phone number appears on the script screen. Use Skype or regular phone service to make the call. Voice mail messages do get counted, so calling from Spain at a time when offices are closed works fine (and is even quicker than talking to a human).
That’s it! You can make five calls in five minutes, and the impact is like attending five town hall meetings and speaking truth at each one. This app just came out, and it’s already placed more than 800,000 calls. Let’s turn that wave of protest into a tsunami.
Want to contact your representatives another way?
FAXZERO: HOW TO SEND A FREE FAX VIA YOUR EMAIL
We can contact our senators and representatives by fax, for free, using the service FaxZero.com. They provide direct links to the office faxes of all senators and members of the House of Representatives.
There's a link for the congressperson or senator, pretty small, under the logo. You have to provide a US phone number — I use my own currently powered-down US cell phone.
Your fax message will be a document that you upload to the FaxZero page.
I write my letter in Word or IDD, and then save or export it as a pdf file. You can also write by hand and scan or take a picture of the page, then save as jpg or pdf file.
You will write a separate short message to appear on the cover sheet.
You will receive an email with a link for transmitting the fax; just open the email and click on the link to send. You'll get a follow-up email as confirmation that the fax went through.
After you do it once you'll see how it works. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com and we'll see what we can do to help.