NOTHING TO SEE HERE...
At the end of the House Intelligence Committee hearings, Republican representatives say that they “see no evidence of impeachable offenses”. As Susan B. Glasser writes in the New Yorker, it seems apparent that they will not be swayed by any actual evidence. (Three Stooges, Columbia Pictures publicity still)
STOP, LOOK, LISTEN!
Nothing to See Here...
My head hurts.
The worst of Republican intransigence on impeachment is that, by insisting on the false argument that Ukraine and not Russia meddled in the 2016 election, they are setting us up for more Russian attacks in 2020.
(See Impeachapalooza, a roundup of impeachment reporting from Mother Jones)
Slate: Are We There Yet? (29 min)
After two weeks of public impeachment hearings, damning testimony continued to point toward the president and his close associates. Did it change the politics around impeachment?
ProPublica: Separated by Design: Why Affordable Housing Is Built in Areas With High Crime, Few Jobs and Struggling Schools by Jacqueline Rabe Thomas
Part of “Invisible Walls” series by The Connecticut Mirror.
Grist: What does it mean to take responsibility for our waste? by Eve Andrews
It takes a trash crisis to snap people into reassessing their own role in it.
Israel 21c: Israeli waste-to-plastics startup begins Virginia pilot by Brian Blum
UBQ Materials says its process can profitably help tackle the world’s huge waste problem. (See the Washington Post's report on UBQ HERE)
Just for fun:
This Modern World: That’s Infotainment!
Ready to Do More?
• Learn about the Green New Deal.
• Read the Indivisible Guide 2.0.
• Check out the weekly action plan from Progressive Action, Global Exchange (PAGE) which mobilizes progressives living overseas.
• Sign up for the Americans of Conscience Checklist, a weekly action list that also provides encouragement and good news.
• Learn about climate solutions and actions at ClimateRecovery.org, a group organized by community activists and members of American Resistance Sevilla.
Leave a Reply.
Ready to do your bit to save our democracy — and the planet?
Learn more about Climate Recovery!
resist the madness!
American Resistance Sevilla is a non-partisan community mobilizing Americans living abroad to take peaceful action defending our lawful rights and freedoms. Learn more